We are seeking enthusiastic, skilled, and inspiring Male Fitness Instructors/ Personal Trainers to join our growing fitness team. The purpose of the positions is to lead, instruct, and motivate individuals or groups of different physical abilities in exercise activities, including cardiovascular exercise, strength training, and stretching.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate how to carry out various exercises and routines
- Watch trainees do exercises and show or tell them correct techniques to minimize injury and improve fitness
- Give alternative exercises during workouts or classes for different levels of fitness and skill
- Monitor trainees’ progress and suggest any necessary adaptions to the programs as needed, to program supervisor/coordinator.
- Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations on fitness training and the use of exercise equipment.
- Give trainees information or tips on nutrition, weight control, and lifestyle issues.
- Provide remedial training for overweight, unfit and/or injured trainees.
- Give emergency first aid if needed.
- Administer standardized physical assessments and testing.
- Any other reasonable tasks that may be required from time to time.
Requirements and Qualifications
Higher degree in physical education or a sports-related field.
- Physical Training Certificate from a reputable organization such as American Council on Exercise (ACE) or Central YMCA Qualification (CYQ) with an equivalent of REPs level 3.
- First Aid & CPR Certified
Minimum of 3-5 years of coaching experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Training scheduling and programming
- First aid & CPR skills
- Excellent knowledge of anatomy, physiology, training methodology and sports psychology
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good time-management skills
- Good communication skills (oral)
*Eastern European candidates advantageous
APPLICATION FOR THIS ROLE WILL CLOSE 21 SEPTEMBER 2021.