Our client is currently expanding their team and are looking for an experienced, inspirational leader (male or female) to join as Head Coach / Operations Manager.
They are focused on building healthy communities by providing functional fitness programs tailored to the demographics of the surrounding area. They pride themselves on providing first-class coaching in first-class facilities.
The Head CrossFit Coach / Operations Manager will work closely with the Box Manager to help build a happy, healthy environment for their coaches and members. He/she will also be responsible for:
- Creating the right programming for the facility and community
- Overseeing class structure and specialised programs to ensure they complement each other
- Supporting the coaches to deliver the programming in a safe and consistent manner
- Continually developing the current team through workshops and training
- Supporting in the recruitment of new staff when needed
- Managing current gym operations and building new client relationships
- Constructing member workshops and additional program / boot camps in line with demand
- Developing the On-Ramp Program and a Competitor Class Program
- Assisting in the scheduling of different seminars i.e Crossfit Seminar, CF L1, Strongman, Gymnastics …..
- Organization of local competitions, to increase the exposure of the box
- Overseeing and approving competition list for coaches in line with Arena guidelines
Your Primary Functions
Day-to-day operations to include:
Opening and/or closing facility
Ensuring and maintaining cleanliness and safety of the gym, equipment tidied away and stock-take conducted fortnightly
Managing the coaching team (creating rotas, ensuring timely attendance, preparation for class, coaching standards etc)
Identifying equipment maintenance issues, new equipment needed and working with Box Manager to resolve
Coaching multiple classes each week of CrossFit, and Fundamentals Course classes
Spending time with members in the box to build the community before and after classes
Coaching a minimum of 2 personal training sessions per day
- Must be a “team player” and be willing to spend significant time in and around the gym
- Coach 10-15 classes each week
- Must be willing to workout regularly at the gym
- Must have the ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple ongoing tasks
- Must have a desire to form strong relationships with coaches, owners, clients, and partners
- Should be good at relationship building with other boxes to create a strong network
- Must be highly motivated and responsible
- Should be prepared to program for and help organise throwdowns and other competitions as agreed with the management team
Leadership, ethical, team-player, hardworking, creative, problem-solver, positive, passionate, trustworthy & flexible.
We are looking for applicants with a minimum of 5 to 6 years of CrossFit coaching experience with multiple certifications and continuing education history. CrossFit L-1 is the minimum requirement, CrossFit L- 2 is preferred.
The successful candidate will also have some managerial experience and be both comfortable and effective when managing and developing people.
Experience with Microsoft Office, including making and utilizing spreadsheets and reports, is desired along with a high level of communication skills. \
Reporting Structure: Report directly to Operations Manager. The formal appraisal will be conducted quarterly. We offer excellent long-term growth opportunities for the right person.
- Air ticket
- Basic + commission
**All Applications close 31st October 2021.